Friday, August 24, 2012

I Cried

I just LOVE children. They are so naive, so sweet, so unaffected by years of "social graces" teachings. They say what they are thinking, and ask SO many embarrassing questions. I just LOVE it.

Earlier in the the week my little girl pointed to a man at a booth and said (in a very loud voice),"Mommy, why is he wearing earrings? He's not a girl." Very embarrassed, I looked up and saw him chuckling to himself. I knew he had heard the question. I didn't really know what else to do, so I pushed our shopping cart over to him and said, "Honey, I'm not sure. Why don't you as him?" And she did.

Today we stopped at what we refer to as "The Diaper Store". As we do at every store, we began our trip with a stop in the bathroom. Just about wrapping it up, I hear the little boy in the stall next to me ask, "Mommy, why do you tee-tee out your bottom?" I could hear her face turning red through the stall wall.

I totally understand the little guys confusion. I mean, boys and girls are simply different when it comes to these things. I laughed so hard I cried. She tried to "sush" him several time, and he continued to ask the question louder, and louder. I laughed harder.

She was almost angry with him as we were leaving the restroom. I wanted to say something like, "JUST EXPLAIN IT IN A LITTLE KID FRIENDLY WAY!" But I didn't. All I could manage was, "Kids, right?!?"

I just love kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment